Thursday, May 8, 2008


Talab"anna"!

For those of you who do not know my daughter Anna, one thing you should know about her is her amazing personality. Now I say amazing because she, on a daily basis, makes me irritated, frustrated, upset, and often wondering what I got myself into. Over the past two weeks she has tried my patience and made me cry numerous times. We do chore charts, preschool, bead system, rewards, time out, yet nothing works. How do I get through to her? She already has weird quirks (hence the Talab"anna" nickname), routines, and loves to do her own thing. She is very smart and logical, but loves to antagonize and innately do the opposite of everything I ask. Now the amazing comes out. In my quite moments when I look at her sleeping, I see the amazing girl that she is. My mom wisely reminded me that Heavenly Father sent her to me, not anyone else but me. She is my little girl. So I think about some of the irritating things she does and I realize that she is stronger and more confident than I ever was. It is my job to channel her energy and teach her all I know and I hope that her feisty, sassy pants attitude will make her one great women. She is a true Saturdays Warrior saved for these last days.



So one of her quirks is her love of long hair, but the poor girl has no hair. So she resorted to putting pants on her head to mimic pigtails (now called her Talabanna). Oh, ya she also has to sit in Blake's high chair in the middle of the kitchen so that she will actually finish a meal.



At three, although not allowed she will still find a binky (Blake's) and love to suck on it. I guess it is her Dr. Pepper.


Now that DeeDee has found a hair piece she is loving life and wearing it everywhere. She is a diva!

4 comments:

everyday katie said...

When you mentioned her "quirks," you forgot to include skinny dipping. We had fun today. Anna is a riot!

Kristina said...

Momma Megan your daughter cracks me up. She's a gem that one is. I know you're a great mom and are doing what Heavenly Father wants you to do.

Hartmans said...

So are you saying that I should enjoy Taft while all he does is nurse, sleep and poop? Anna is hilariously entertaining it sounds like. I think it is awesome that she is so willing to do what is easiest for dinner...She got it honest huh? I sure do miss our fast food runs in the freezing cold that came with fry sauce!

Karen said...

Love the hair miss Anna. That cracks me up. I love her!