Friday, August 15, 2008

My old fart soap box and Anna the character....



Anna is a character, there is really nothing more to say about it. She loves to sing, and in my efforts to try and be hip and cool(while I am driving my minivan) I find myself listening to KISS FM a bunch. I have found though that I have to turn the station quick because of the inappropriate songs. She can pick up songs very easily, especially ones with a catchy tune, but always manages to change the words and cracks herself up. Today after hearing Anna's 15 different versions of Handlebars by Flobots in combination with KK and Tay's freshman orientation where the dress code specifically states that boys are not allowed to paint their nails and no facial jewelry of any kind that includes spacers, and the ridiculous fact that the school has raised over 25,000 in the last 4 years in cell phone confiscations, I have decided that I am getting old and I need to face the fact that I am not cool. When I was in high school we had pagers! I am actually embarrassed to admit that. The fact there has to be rule for boys that they can't wear nail polish is just ridiculous, and so the old lady comes out I guess. I need to stick to my church music. I am glad that I have my cute little family who delights in changing words to every song church or non church. I will climb down off my soap box and I hope you get a giggle out of Anna's post.

PS If you want to get a good listen to Anna you might need to pause the music at the bottom!

No comments: