Sunday, October 26, 2008

Don't you love innocence.....

So last night we were on our way home from my mom's ward carnival and we stopped to see Michael while he was on duty. Sometimes are stops are very brief depending on how busy he is but we got to chat for a minute. We usually talk about the calls he has been on, etc. But last night Anna chimed in. The conversation went as follows:

Dad, can I ask you a kestion? When you take people to jail, how long do they have to stay there? Well Anna, it depends. On what Daddy? Wellllll, umm how naughty they were. What kind of naughty things do they do to go to jail? We then got side tracked on Halloween candy and then we left. So one the way home we had this conversation...

Mom, is jail like timeout but for big people? I guess so Anna. So do they set a timer and when that beeps they get to get out? (Now at this point I am cracking up at the thought process she is putting into this). Well Anna, some people have to stay in there longer than others, it depends on what the Judge says. What is a judge? They decide how long they stay in jail. Ohhhh, they decide how long to set the microwave timer. Cool mom. Can I have a piece of candy when I get home?

That was the extent of the conversation. It was hilarious.

7 comments:

Tam said...

That is totally awesome! I'm glad you shared it, Anna will have a good laugh at that 20 years down the road!

Rachel Mohat said...

That is hilarious. Its cute to see how little minds work and how they relate what they know to things they learn. ADORABLE!

Lauralee Altice said...

What a cutie!

Walter and Lynsi Hohmann said...

Oh my gosh, that's hilarious! Anna cracks me up. She is too cute!

The Farnsworth Family said...

How funny is that? Anna is such a doll. I think we should take her advise and when the kids get too big for time out make a little jail room and put them there. :) It was cute to see Mike in his uniform. I bet the girls loved it. The pumpkin patch looked so fun too! Your fam is just adorable.

Hall Family said...

that is a totally classic conversation!! I'm glad you wrote it all down, so that when she has kids you can show her how her lil' mind worked too! haha I love it! How funny!!! and sooo cute!

Hall Family said...

Megan, I added one of those widget thingies that say who's coming onto your site and all that (the same you have) do you find it helpful or easy to use??