Monday, July 28, 2008

South Padre Island....... Or bust!



So this is my bummer post. We (meaning the Sallaway/Blair/Bollinger side) have been planning a trip to SPI for almost a year now. Michael has never in the five years we have been married, been on a vacation with my side of the family or been to the beach for longer than 3 hours, so I was pumped about this. We have had the condos rented, fishing trips planned, driving arrangements set. Then came Dolly. Dumb hurricane. So hopefully you are feeling sorry for me and wish and hope that the power on the Island will be turned on soon (next couple of days), since we are scheduled to leave Sunday morning. Seven full fun beach filled days with the family. Wish us luck!

7 comments:

shahna said...

Oh man! Here is hoping for the best;..

everyday katie said...

YEah...good luck. IT would be awful to miss that. WHen will you be back? (PRoviding you go.) I really want to get together with everyone.

Hall Family said...

AaAh I hope everything works out for you!! (but coming from a reality check here......well I'm still pulling for ya.) things here are still trying to bounce back after the flood. Anyway...So I wanted to tell you that your note was sweet. I know I'm a geek to say: it made my day to know that you read my blog...or that my blog is being read! haha i know, I already said it: I'm a geek. But I thought I should tell you too, that I DO read your blog, I've just been trying to catch up...which is why if I haven't commented on so much that's why. (A week without a computer...who knew it would take me 2 weeks to catch up!)

Walter and Lynsi Hohmann said...

Oh this is such a huge bummer!! I hope you all make it down safe and sound and that you have a GREAT trip! I'll keep my fingers crossed. I also just wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY (yesterday). Sorry I'm a day late... I hope you had a great day! Love ya!!

Hartmans said...

we just got back from Corpus. I sure hope that y'all have a good time. I know we did.

Jason and Brittani Hill said...

Hey Megan it's boots! I saw your blog on Lynsi's page. I'm gonna try and do better about keeping up on blogging. Our blog is jasonrhill.blogspot.com
Your kids are so cute!!

Amanda said...

Hey Megan, I'm not sure if you are back or not, but can you send me your email address? I want to send you something. Mine is addrysdale@gmail.com.

Thanks and hope your trip was fabulous!!